There is a written rule in the Official Blogger Handbook that says you must close out the year with your ten most popular posts. I can’t find the handbook at the moment to show you, but I assure you, it exists and this rule is etched in stone.
Yes, there is an actual stone in the book— stop questioning me!
The weird thing about the yearly top ten list (especially as the blog gets older) is that the most trafficked posts this year aren’t necessarily written in 2015.
Maybe it’s because they got repinned by a huge Pinterest account or because George Takei took a liking to them on facebook or because new moms are constantly searching “do all husbands suck in the delivery room?” and Google knows exactly where to send them….
In any case, here are six posts that are still showing up in my Top 10 even though they were written back in Mommy Shorts prehistoric days. You can click the title to take you to the full post.
1. 28 Examples of Crap Husbands Pull While Their Wives are in Labor
2. 30 More Reasons Your Kids Are Crying
3. The 32 Funniest Baby Memes All in One Place
4. 43 Clever, Over-the-Top, Ridiculous Christmas Decor Ideas You Would Only Find on Pinterest
5. Your Wedding Day vs The Day Your Baby Was Born
6. 10 Ways to Teach Your Toddler to Listen
But enough about those. They were probably in 2014’s top ten list too.
And FYI, just because I have a post on my blog about teaching toddlers to listen, DOES NOT MEAN I HAVE MASTERED ANY OF THOSE SKILLS. (Don’t tell that to all the people clicking on it from Pinterest though.)
Below are the Top Ten Posts of 2015 that were actually written in 2015, ending with the most popular post. That would be the one that almost broke my site for good. (Click the title to take you to the full post.)
Top 10 post of 2015:
10. 26 Kids Who Were Less Than Thrilled to Become Big Brother or Sisters
9. I’m Not Giving Into Potty Training Pressure (Because It Worked Last Time)
8. 25 Average Parent Problems Found on My New Favorite Instagram Account
7. 10 Tips for Talking to Your Kids When They Surprise You With With an Uncomfortable Topic
6. Hilariously Over-the-Top Photos Capture the Truth in Parenthood
5. 37 Photos That Will Prove Little Kids Suck at Hide and Seek
4. This Awesome Video Should Put an End to the Mom Wars
3. 14 Types of Potential Mom Friends
2. 57 More Photos That Would Get Our Parents Arrested If They Were Taken Today
1. 41 Photos That Would Get Our Parents Arrested if They Were Taken Today
And there you have it. Not one (except maybe the potty training one) has anything to do with me or my family. We will try not to be too insulted.
Tomorrow (if all goes as planned), I will be back with a New Year’s Eve “drunk baby” photo series. If you have a pic of your kid looking super wasted, please post it on the Mommy Shorts facebook page!
None have to do with you except that you came up with the ideas, collected all the information, created the hilarious taglines, and formatted them together beautifully to make them so fun to read…
Or at the very least you found funny stuff on the internet and showed us where to find it. You are a hero!
Yeah! What Kristen said! ????
Kristen said it perfectly!