I know I'm talking about The Baby/Celebrity Lookalike Contest a ton, but it's only because it's so FREAKIN' AWESOME. Above are just 16 of the entries— you can find the rest, enter your own and vote for your favorites on The Mommy Shorts Facebook Fanpage. Last night, I posted Dexter, Curious George, Lady Gaga, Victoria Beckham and (my personal favorite) Kevin from the Office. Tonight I've got five more including a little girl who's the spitting image of Nathan Lane.
Here's a brief rundown of the leaders thus far:
The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man is in the lead over Elton John by just one vote. They are followed closely by John Candy, Alfred E. Newman, the guy from Mythbusters, Billy Idol and Humpty Dumpty. (Girls seem to be at a disadvantage in this competition.)
New entries will be accepted up until August 25th (just add your kid's photo to the fanpage wall with his/her name and the name of the celebrity you think he/she looks like) and voting goes on all month long. Two winners get an $100 Amazon gift card from Toddlewood— the lookalike with the most "likes" and one lookalike handpicked by a panel of judges.
With all the contests I've been doing recently, it's been quite some time since I did a proper recap. (Since there's a lot to cover, I'm gonna bold my favorites.)
What else happened besides the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man stealing Humpty Dumpty's thunder?
• David Blaine was one-upped by an eight-year-old
• I met a "Fox on the Beach"
• Mazzy dropped her sippy cup and said "Oh Shit"
• I picked up a breaded chicken cutlet at the beach
• The President started accepting babysitting gigs
• Mazzy befriended a rat named Mayor Bloomberg
• We spent our kids' college funds on a tiny table and chairs
• I gave the beach a second shot
• We met the littlest Pantera fan
• Mazzy gave a review of the fireworks (in a word— LOUD)
• We learned grain alcohol can really kickstart a nap
• I saw the future and it involved diaper changing robots
• Twins dancing to "Hey Ya" proved more effective than Cymbalta
• We were shocked and appalled by "Unsolicited Parenting Advice"
• Crewcuts gave Mazzy some toddler fashion advice
• I gave birth to Vanity Smurf
• A goat got a proctology exam from a two-year-old
• I saved my apartment from being eaten by a kitchen playset
• We all got captioned in The Mommy Shorts Summer Fan Photo Album
Lastly, if you don't already know, I made a glossary of all Dr. B's posts for your (and my) reference. I am continually dumbfounded by my sister's brilliance and the list is ridiculously useful. Bookmark it and refer back to it when necessary. You can always find the glossary by clicking "Ask Dr. B" on my left sidebar.
And now I am going to bed. Because clearly, I need to catch up on SLEEP.
Have a good weekend!
— Mommy Shorts