If you are on instagram, you've probably heard of INK361. They hold photo challenges every week with a different guest host/judge for their 146K fans.
Yeah. I thought I had a big following on instagram.
Today, I am excited to announce, I've been invited to be their guest host for this week's photo contest. It's a "photo mugging" challenge, so I'm sure it's pretty obvious why they asked me.
You can tag your old baby mugging photos for consideration or you can break out your mug and try something new. Lest you think you can only mug babies, that is no longer the case. You can mug pets (like the "pug in a mug" up top), husbands, buildings, co-workers, trees, Cabbage Patch Kids, etc. etc.
If I controlled the weather, I would have mugged the Empire State Building yesterday but alas, it was buried in a fog. Rainbow Mugging would be AWESOME but I've never had the opportunity. If there is anybody in a rainbow-friendly climate, please indulge me.
The winner of the #INK361_photomugging challenge will each receive a $40 INK361 print credit to turn their favorite instagrams into wall art. You can use it for your own pictures or buy a print from one of the amazing mobile photographers featured on their site.
What else happened recently?
• Harlow started the zombie apocalypse.
• Mazzy pinned "cloving" on her Pinterest board.
• Sydney won the Evil Baby Glare-Off.
• Sam C won the Angry Newborn Caption Contest.
• Harlow stole a tampon from my purse. But no worries because she left a piece of cantaloupe in its place.
• Mike made a cameo appearance on The Mommy Show.
• Mazzy made her true feelings for me known on facebook.
• Marty McFly, Lionel Richie and the cast of The Big Bang Theory all showed up for the Halloween Costume Awards.
• I found an awesome picture of me in a friend's wedding album. Only thing is: THAT'S NOT MY HUSBAND.
• Arnold Schwarzenegger stalked some children.
And lastly, "Harry Grows Up", a short film co-starring Mazzy at 18 months old, was finally released online.
If for whatever reason you have not seen it and are not compelled to click on the link to watch the 11 minute short, here's a trailer that's only one minute long. Maybe this will convince you…
I hope everyone has a great weekend full of drop-off birthday parties, leftover Halloween candy and rainbow mugging opportunities!
See you here next week,
— Mommy Shorts