First of all, I want to thank everyone for your overwhelmingly positive response to “The Mommy Show”. With the exception of people outside the US (ulive says they are working on getting distribution internationally), either there were no negative reactions or people with negative reactions have kindly chosen to keep their opinions to themselves.
Or maybe everyone was so busy drooling over Taye Diggs, they forgot to pay attention to what I was doing.
Whatever. I’m going to pretend everyone loved it and continue to live in my little bubble of approval and positivity. It’s very pretty here and the food is fantastic.
In this week’s episode, Rachel Dratch comes over, watches my children while I go to the bathroom, makes clothespin cardboard animals and tries to collapse my double stroller. A good time is had by all.
Except Mazzy, who wanted Rachel to stop talking so she could “watch a show”.
A few things I’d like to mention before I send you off to view the episode.
1) The flesh colored top of my maternity jeans makes a cameo appearance at :01 seconds.
2) The intro on the couch where I talk about the necklace Mazzy made me at school was re-shot and my hair looks like a crazy person. It is curled toward my face instead of away from my face, which apparently, makes a BIG DIFFERENCE. Two seconds later, when Rachel is on the couch, it is totally transformed and looks fine.
3) You might remember from my giveaway of Rachel’s book earlier this year, that our kids go to preschool together. This is why Rachel is wearing the same necklace as I am— because both our kids brought them home as gifts from school. However, that explanation didn’t make the final cut.
4) Buy Rachel’s book! It’s really funny and one of the only books I have made time to read since I had kids. Seriously, I have read three things. The Hunger Games Trilogy, Shades of Grey and Rachel Dratch’s book. Don’t laugh at my lack of reading! How do you think I make time to write for YOU GUYS every day???
5) I wasn’t lying. Mazzy really did insist I wear that necklace every morning for awhile. However, I would usually take it off before I got to work.
6) You might notice a big improvement in my comfort level on camera this episode. This is because a) I had the experience of seeing myself on camera after the Taye Diggs episode and b) Rachel Dratch is super easy to talk to. She’s really funny (obviously) but she also does the greatest thing a person can do while being interviewed by a novice on camera— she laughs at my jokes. I can’t even tell you how much easier that makes things.
7) Remember last week when I talked about my lip pursing problem? This episode, I made a conscious effort to end it. Unfortunately, when I think to myself— Don’t do it! Don’t purse your lips!!!— I do something even worse. I LICK THE CORNER OF MY MOUTH WITH THE TIP OF MY TONGUE. This is why not everybody should be allowed on camera. Anyway, we cut most of them out but you can still catch a couple of weird mouth things if you look closely.
That being said, DON’T LOOK TOO CLOSELY!!!!
Then report back.
I watched it already because I couldn’t wait, you are fabulous, I was wondering about the necklaces, so thanks!!
I love her even more now (and you too, of course!). She does seem like she’d be really easy to talk to.
Also, the music for the video is highly toddler approved.
Another great episode, I love these!! Rachel seemed so great and down to earth. I especially like the Q&A and baby challenges you have with your guests …. so funny. Can’t wait for the next ones!
I can’t watch in canada !!!!!! So sad.
International access please! I’m missing out on all the fun! (and Taye Diggs!)
I want to officially complain for not being able to watch it! You do know you have fans outside the US who don’t want to miss out on your awesomeness, don’t you?
Just watched all the episodes in a row. Love them! Keep making them!
Can’t wait for Ulive to start broadcasting internationally! Canada really isn’t THAT far away… 😉
That was great! I didn’t even notice any weird mouth issues!
These are great! Keep ’em coming!
Funny! Loved it!
I just received an email today that said it should be up and running soon! I will keep you updated!
I didn’t see the first one before but I just watched both and they were great! On the Rachel Dratch one, you seemed more at ease but both were fun to watch. Good job!
Hanging out to watch it in Australia!
Love this one too! So funny!!
Ask Mazzy if she’ll guest star on my show.
p.s. Rachel Dratch seems really cool and your hair looks great.
I have now watched them all and you are my favorite person on TV.
I love when Rachel Dratch wants to throw part of your stroller out the window! That’s usually my solution, too. Thanks for the good laughs!
I keep getting an error message… It says that the video is missing? Weird. I’ll keep trying.
So hilariously awkward. And a great craft to boot! 🙂
Love it! You, Mazzy, and Harlow were made for this! Ellen
The stroller was the funniest part, I have never collapsed a stroller without swearing and wanting to just leave it wherever we are. My daughter will be 3.5 next summer and so I am giving my strollers away- yippee.
I LOVE The Mommy Show! I laugh so hard every time.
Congrats! These are so well done!
Yes to this! And more! Great guests and honest mommy convos (including kid-interruptions). And I learned stuff – Rachel Dratch can make mean fruit salad.