This week began with Mazzy's first Halloween and is about to end with us all taking our first family road trip to DC. Halloween was a huge success (Mazzy worked it as a piece of sushi) but the road trip has the potential to be a big fat disaster. We leave at 1pm. If anybody has any advice on how to entertain a ten-month-old for five hours in a car, I am all ears.
What else happened in the week that my childhood goldfish finally got her dream house?
• I had an out-of-body experience where I sewed something by hand
• I pitted Mazzy against her friends in the Baby Costume Awards
• I mourned my purse while coveting a diaper bag
• We were driven to the edge by a keepsake quilt
• There was a diaper emergency
• I made everyone nauseous with my Mom's matzah story
• We subbed out vodka for wine on the parenting pie chart
• I gave the finger to the Golden Arches
If you haven't already, enter the Diva Diaper Bag Giveaway. The winner will be selected at 5pm on Monday and will get to choose their favorite of the three bags pictured. I've got some adorable Jaxxwear footies lined up for next Monday so join the Mommy Shorts facebook fanpage if you want to be notified of my upcoming giveaways.
As always, the rest of Friday will be dedicated to reader submissions— I've even started a Comment of the Week. To submit parental tweets, guest post ideas, funny baby videos or baby profiles, please click here.
Two more requests: (1) please click this link to vote for Mommy Shorts at Top Baby Blogs and (2) wish Mazzy luck on our road trip!