As I’ve already mentioned, my nine most popular photos on Instagram this year were all of my three-year-old Harlow. I tried to make up for that sad fact by posting all about Mazzy, even though it’s really YOUR FAULT and not mine. Please throw a “like” or two at my six-year-old every once in awhile, ‘mmmkay? Even though she’s not the one wearing a bright red wig while eating corn or spouting nonsense about doughnut eating raccoons.
Truthfully, my favorite photos last year were not of Mazzy or Harlow. They were of Mazzy and Harlow. (See what I did there???)
My favorite photos showcase the beautiful ever changing and growing relationship between my little girls. I love seeing how Mazzy and Harlow are not just my daughters, they are sisters. They have a relationship that exists all on their own.
Here are 36 photos that perfectly capture the current relationship between my two little girls:
1) Late Night Lipstick Application (it’s actually lip balm, but don’t tell them that)
3) My Badass Snow Bunnies
4) Tub Time
5) These are called “pillow houses”
6) That time their dad dressed them while I was away for work
7) Two Monkeys on the Couch
8) The love is mostly mutual
9) Sharing the bathroom sink (I imagine this gets harder as they get older)
10) Modeling Fashion By Mayhem’s collection for J.Crew
11) Reading a LEGO friends catalog like it’s their job
12) This is as All American as it gets
13) Two old school teenagers fighting over a land line
14) Whose big feet are those anyway???
15) Disgust and Joy (who looks way more like Sadness)
16) When you live in NYC, this is what playing in your backyard looks like
17) Look how happy Harlow is to be playing with the big kids
18) Couch Snuggles
19) Sometimes the love is so big, it hurts
20) Is this laughing or crying?
21) Definitely laughing
22) July 4th Love
23) Yes, I’m the kind of mom who abandons her kids in an ice cream shop so she can take a picture of them through the outside window
24) This is how they said goodbye to each other every morning when Mazzy left for camp
25) Being a Mommy is very serious business
26) “We should be make-up artists!”
27) I thank my lucky stars that Mazzy and Harlow can share an iPad without fighting
28) Stopping traffic in NYC
29) Mazzy: “Are you reading a book?” Harlow: “No. I’m writing one.”
30) Celebrating their newly decorated room at the house
31) When your kids won’t stand still for your picture so you play freeze dance and when you yell “FREEZE!” this is how they pose:
32) Harlow trying to cheer up Mazzy with a hug
33) Spontaneous Jazz Hands
34) The Dreamer and the Realist
35) Pure Love
36) Best Friends for Life
If you want to see more pics of Mazzy and Harlow, make sure you follow @mommyshorts on Instagram!