One of the great things about being a parent, is that after 20, 30, 40 years on this earth, there is suddenly a whole new host of “firsts” we get to experience all over again through the eyes of our kids. Obviously, there’s the milestones of the early years— like first smile, first steps and first unassisted trip to the potty. But firsts don’t end with the toddler years. What about first movie, first lemonade stand and first time your daughter hacked into your Snapchat account and posted 59 selfies as a bear with a bowtie?
Speaking purely hypothetically, of course.
A couple of weeks ago, I asked you guys to submit pictures of moments you’re glad you didn’t miss for the chance to win a $250 Visa Gift Card + products from Dayquil and NyQuil. Because nobody, particularly moms with a major case of FOMO like me, wants to let a sore throat or a runny nose stand in the way of seeing their kid’s…
1) First time catching a fish
2) First time meeting her baby brother
3) First Celtics Game
4) First ballet class
5) First time roasting a marshmallow
6) First time winning a trophy
7) First time sitting in a shopping cart
8) First gymnastics meet
9) First amusement park ride
10) First concert
11) First Halloween costume
12) First time starring in a show
13) First snow storm
14) First hockey game
15) First time riding a school bus for a field trip
16) First time winning a carnival game
17) First time riding a bike
18) First time meeting Elsa
19) First time on a ferris wheel
20) First time seeing fireworks
21) First dip in the kiddie pool
22) First trip to New York City
23) First time attempting the monkey bars
24) First time being tall enough to go on the rides with his older sisters
25) First time meeting her new kitten
26) First trip to Disney
27) First Cub Scouts camping trip
28) First time riding a pony
29) First time running a 5K together
30) First time at a petting zoo
31) First time meeting her favorite band
32) First time serving Mother’s Day tea at preschool
33) First time seeing dad in quite some time
And the winner (selected randomly) is…
34) First time meeting all his favorite golfers at the Ryder Cup
Congrats! You get to take home a $250 Visa gift card + a DayQuil and NyQuil prize package from Vicks, so you can power through to your kid’s next big moment even if you have a cold. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize.
I mean, parents have no time for sick days. Whether we want ’em or not.
This post was sponsored by Vicks, but all big moments were your own.