Back to school is the time of year when kids realize summer is over, shorts weather is coming to a close and homework is on the horizon. It can be a tough transition for little kids who are experiencing being away from home for a full day for the first time and big kids whose days become less about play and more about learning.
How do we honor this monumental change?
With a photo opportunity, of course!
We put on our kids’ best new clothes and bright white sneakers, give them a sign to hold with all their hopes and dreams written in chalk and yell, “SAY CHEESE!!!!!”
And then the kids say, “But Moooooooooom….” and a first day photo fail is born.
I asked you guys to submit your kids’ worst back-to-school outtakes for three chances to win a $250 Amex gift card and a prize pack from Mini Babybel® Cheese.
Here are 44 kids who definitely did not want to go back to school…
1) The kid who is really upset summer is over
2) The kid who thinks summer being over is ALL YOUR FAULT
3) The kid who wants to spend his days doing anything but school
4) The kid who is not comfortable with strangers dragging him away on a bus
5) The kids who wish they were wearing sunglasses
6) The kid who you wish would take his sunglasses off
7) The kid who knows homework starts in the second grade
8) The kid who hates her uniform
9) The kid who isn’t quite sure what to do with her sign
10) The kid who doesn’t give a crap about his sign
11) The kid who hasn’t decided if school is a good thing or bad thing yet
12) The kid who totally knows it’s a bad thing
13) The kid who’s like “I’m not mad, I’m just disappointed”
14) The kid who refuses to smile
15) The kid who refuses to open her eyes
16) The kid who would rather be sleeping
17) The kid who is still sleeping
18) The kid who doesn’t know what her sisters are smiling about
19) The kid who dares you to make him leave the house
20) The kid who really doesn’t want to get in the car
21) The kid who won’t even turn around for your picture
22) The kid who thinks you can’t make her go if she disappears into the wall
23) The kid who is not in the mood to “sparkle” today
24) The kid hates your sign and everything it stands for
25) The kid who looks like she is having her mug shot taken
26) The kid who really wanted the Beauty and the Beast backpack
27) The kid who is upset she’s the only one not going to school
28) The kid who really wanted to be included even though she wasn’t going to school
29) The kid who thought he was going to be the future
30) The kid who hates everything about this day
31) The kid who can’t even hold his sign correctly
32) The kids who both actually smiled, but dad ruined the pic anyway
33) The kid who wouldn’t take his finger out of his nose
34) The kid who is definitely getting sent to the principal’s office
35) And will probably sit down next to the kid on the left
36) The kid who is questioning all of his life choices
37) The kid who doesn’t feel very “super” today
38) The kid who might come after you in your sleep later
39) The kid who does not want to pick up that backpack
40) The kid whose life has been totally destroyed
41) The kid who’s mom totally forgot the sign on the first day and brought it out on the second (aka ME)
42) The kids’ whose mom went all META on them
43) The kid whose mom named her Felicia just for this moment
44) The kids who are AWESOME and I hope their mom posted this photo on every social channel possible
Congratulations! Please contact email@example.com to claim your prizes.
Even if your kids begrudgingly went to school, hopefully they’re in better spirits by the time lunch rolls around.
Mini Babybel is an easy, packable lunchbox addition that is a favorite with both kids and parents. It’s 100% natural cheese, perfectly portioned and comes in seven flavors, each with at least 4 grams of protein, 15% of your daily calcium needs and 70 calories or less.
I can tell you that even outside of school, it has become one of Harlow’s favorite go-to snacks. You have no idea how happy I am that when Harlow gets into one of her “I’m hungry but I don’t know what I want” moods, I’ve got a surefire option with Mini Babybel.
I think it’s unwrapping the wax that intrigues her the most, but if that’s what gets her to eat a good source of calcium and protein, that works for me!
This post was sponsored by Mini Babybel but all school-hating kids are your own.