Everybody feels differently about the beach. And even the people who love it, love it for different reasons. Some people love relaxing with a book, some people like sharing beers with friends, some people love surfing the waves, some people like showing off their six pack abs in a bikini, etc. etc.
Kids are no different. In fact, when I asked everyone to submit pics for my Baby Beach Bum photo contest sponsored by Blue Lizard sunscreen, there were over 1000 pics of kids who all loved or loathed the beach in their own unique ways.
Here are 54 different kinds of kids you’ll find on the beach this summer. I think you’ll find they match up with the adults you’ll see too.
1) The girl with the enormous hat
2) The girls who are just there to socialize
3) The guy who keeps inching closer and closer to your towel
4) The girl with the ill-fitting bikini
5) The guy who’s dressed way too fancy for the beach
6) The girl who’s dressed way too fancy for the beach
7) The girl who keeps wiping out in the water
8) The girl who is not taking any chances
9) The guy who uses the beach as an excuse to get naked
10) The prankster who keeps freaking everyone out by yelling “SHARK!”
11) The girl who thinks she’s trying out for Baywatch
12) The guys who are just there for the snacks
13) The girl who brings her urban hipster look to the beach
14) The guy who brings his dirty hipster look to the beach
15) The girl who is hanging out with people ten times her age
16) The girl who is there to show off her yoga moves
17) The guys who are super concerned with losing their contacts in the ocean
19) The rich good-looking guys who invite you on their boat
19) The girls shamelessly checking out everyone that walks by
20) The girl who can’t get over the size of the ocean
22) The guys who think they’re hilarious
23) The guy who thinks he’s Matthew McConaughney
24) The couple that’s lying all over each other
25) The girl who just wants to go home
26) The girl who makes you jealous with her perfect beach hair
27) The girl who got cold and borrowed everybody else’s stuff
28) The girl who didn’t realize how freezing the water would be this time of year
29) The boy who keeps throwing sand
29) The boy who keeps eating sand
30) The girl who doesn’t care when she gets sand all up in her suit
31) The girl who is there to relax with a cold one
32) The girl who ate half the snacks when no one was looking
33) The girl who is working on her base tan
34) The girl who goes in the water and then can’t find her blanket
35) The guy who pretends he’s a lifeguard
36) The girl who wonders why she’s not having as much fun as everybody else
37) The girl who can give the boys a run for their money on a surfboard
38) The guy that gets all the ladies
39) The guy who spends all day working on his sand castle
40) The girl who goes to the beach to ponder the greater meaning of life
41) The guy who keeps going on and on about what a beautiful day it is
42) The girl who refuses to share her potato chips
43) The guy who hates taking his clothes off in public
44) The girl who demands everyone bury her in the sand
45) The girl who is unhappy with how her bathing suit fits
46) The girl who could sleep through anything
47) The girl who squirts out way too much sunscreen
48) The girl who doesn’t realize she didn’t rub in all her sunscreen
49) The guy who is there to show off his abs
50) The girl who complains the sand is too hot for her feet
51) The kids who regret going in the water
52) The guy who passes out after drinking one too many
53) The guy who falls down in the sand after one too many
54) The girl who doesn’t know when it’s time to pack it in and go home
Regardless of why kids are on the beach (their parents took them there) or how they feel about the beach (some are indifferent), all kids (and adults, mind you) must be properly protected from the sun’s harmful UV rays with a sunscreen as highly regarded by parents and dermatologists as Blue Lizard.
Blue Lizard was originally created in Australia, which has the strictest sunscreen regulations in the world. It has five varieties (Baby, Sensitive, Face, Sport & Regular), all of which have broad spectrum UVA/UVB coverage (SPF 30+) and mineral-based formulas containing Zinc Oxide. Baby and Sensitive are both paraben-free, chemical-free and fragrance-free. Face is oil-free. Sport and Regular are extremely water resistant and will stay on for 240 minutes, even in water.
Most interestingly, Blue Lizard’s patented BPA-free Smart Bottle™ changes color from white to blue (or white to pink for Baby formula) when it is exposed to harmful UV rays, effectively reminding you to put on sunscreen.
Are you ready to hear the two winners of the Blue Lizard Beach Must-haves prize pack pictured below?
The winners are…
1) The girl who keeps trying to get her crush to notice her
2) The girl who can’t wait to show off her new beach bod
Thank you to everyone who entered and a huge thanks to Blue Lizard! Please contact email@example.com to claim your prizes.
For 20% off orders of over $35, shop BlueLizard.net using P20SHORTS at checkout. Offer expires 8/31/15.
Might as well stock up for summer!
This post was sponsored by Blue Lizard, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.