Forcing your family to pose for a photo comes at a price. Usually, it’s a disgruntled husband, a toddler meltdown and the desire to run away from your family and check yourself into a fancy hotel for the next five to ten days. The holidays are no exception. Just because it’s Jesus’ birthday and everybody is getting presents, doesn’t mean your family is willing to smile for the camera.
Here are 28 problems only moms trying to take the perfect family photo for their holiday card will understand:
1. When your kids hate Santa.
2. When your children don’t want to wear matching sweaters.
3. When your husband looks like he is about to cry.
4. When your daughter just perfected her eye roll.
5 When your toddler can’t stop hogging the camera.
6. When your baby falls over.
7. When your kids hate scarves.
8. When nobody appreciates their new pajamas.
9. when you just have to get that thing out of your kid’s nose.
10. When smiling with siblings makes your baby puke.
11. When a jogger has very bad timing.
12. When your daughter won’t stop staring at your ta-tas.
13. When your kid suffers from ants in the pants.
14. When your child doesn’t want to wear a Santa beard.
15. When your son wants his baby brother to stop staring at him.
16. When one of your twins won’t get with the program.
17. When your kids’ joint tantrum blocks Santa.
18. When you forgot to stop having children.
19. When your kids look like they are on a very upsetting episode of Maury.
20. When your child finds out he is Jewish.
21. When your son can’t help his brother because he is dealing with a foot long booger.
22. When your baby looks like Ebenezer Scrooge.
23. When your daughter thinks Santa stole her dog.
24. When nobody is on board with the reindeer ears.
25. When your kids think the old man in the mall is a predator.
26. When your son acts like his puppy died.
27. When you use your self-timer to take a picture of your crotch.
28. When you Just can’t even.
All photos above were submitted to my worst family holiday photo contest last year. Then I used the photos to create faux holiday cards. Do you have a funny family holiday photo outtake? Post it on the Mommy Shorts facebook page. Who knows, I may do one more round of these.
All the holiday cards above were made using designs from Minted but Minted is not affiliated with this post.