Ever give your baby a plate of spaghetti and have it wind up on the floor? How about on your ceiling? If you are lucky, most of that mess remains on the tray of your high chair, but that doesn’t make it any less disgusting.
I’m not going to lie— food messes make me want to throw up a little. Especially when there are finger streaks in them. I used to try to wipe down Harlow and Mazzy’s high chair without looking at the smushed peas and streaks of peach puree directly. I almost dry heaved just thinking about it.
All this is to apologize for the photos you are about to see. You see, each month (for the past four months), I’ve been awarding the messiest kid (and the mom who had the foresight to snap a picture) a $250 Target gift card + Seventh Generation products to help them clean up their next mess. For our final “Mess of the Month” winner, I thought the kids should go head to head in a good old fashioned food fight.
25 Kids Who Would Kick Ass in a Food Fight
1. The kid who claimed victory over a carton of yogurt
2. The kid who slaughtered a bowl of oatmeal
3. The kid who might have murdered a small animal
4. The kid who washed his face with Spaghettios
5. The kid who played in a chocolate cake like it was a sandbox
6. The kid who wanted to see if his scalp liked the taste of chicken puree
7. The kid who is looking forward to his full Smurf transformation
8. The kid who thinks tomato sauce is an excellent shampoo alternative
9. The kid who is like, “Finished that. What else you got?”
10. The kid who looks like he just came home from clown school
11. The kid who loves a good curry12. The kid who officially became a “Purple People Eater”
13. The kid who likes to eat yogurt with a fork
14. The kid who would like second helpings of that blue icing
15. The kid who mixes egg and beans to make custom moisturizer
16. The kid who looks like she ate mom’s lipstick
17. The kid who massacred Oscar the Grouch
18. The kid who doesn’t believe in flatware
19. The kid who fought a pasta vegetable medley and won
20. The kid who has a future in professional food art
21. The kid who can’t believe he ate all that pudding
22. The kid who took a bite out of Elmo and then went after all his friends
23. The kid who took her pink obsession a little too far
24. The kid who ate Rainbow Brite on a sandwich
25. The kid who need to be tranfered directly to the bath with his high chair
And the winner is…
26. The kid tries beets for the first time
This mess won your mom a $250 Target Gift Card + a whole bunch of cleaning products from Seventh Generation! You can clean that high chair tray until it sparkles.
Please contact email@example.com to claim your prize.
Seriously, there is probably nothing that gets washed down more often than the tray on your baby’s high chair. Except maybe your baby’s plates and utensils, which is why it is so important to use a dish soap that does not leave behind any harmful residue.
Seventh Generation is the ‘clear choice’ when choosing effective eco-friendly cleaning products, especially their all-natural dish liquid. It just debuted a brand new look but uses the same non-toxic biodegradable plant-based formula with 0% dyes, synthetic fragrances, or triclosan. This means you can even feel safe if you ask your kids do the dishes.
A huge thanks to Seventh Generation for sponsoring “Mess of the Month” and handing out loads of prizes over the last few months. I hope everyone stocked up because you never know when a new mess might present itself.
As always, I suggest whipping out those cameras right before the all purpose cleaner.
This post was sponsored by Seventh Generation, but all messy kids are your own.